Gomer Infant School virtual tour
Please click here to view a video of our school.
Starting school in September 2022
If your child is 4 or will turn 4 before 1st September 2022, they can start school in September 2022. For more information to to www.hants.gov.uk/admissions.
Applications open for Hampshire residents on 1st November 2021, the closing date for applications is 15th January 2022 – Don’t miss it!
If you would like to visit Gomer Infant School and find out more about us, please call (02392 580808) to book on to one of our Open Days.
- Monday 8th November at 1.30pm
- Thursday 11th November at 5.30pm
- Monday 15th November at 1.30pm
- Friday 19th November at 9.30am
- Wednesday 24th November at 9.30am
- Thursday 25th November at 6.00pm
We look forward to seeing you!
Welcome to our new Year R intake – September 2021
We are delighted that your child has joined us and we look forward to meeting you all at the start of this exciting journey. Our aim is to work in partnership with you to make the transition into school a smooth and happy experience for you and your child.
We will be using Tapestry to communicate with you so please ensure your account is set up. If you have any queries, please contact the school office or your child’s class teacher on Tapestry.
Please find below letters, booklets and links with useful information:
Uniforms – please see letter for uniform requirements
Uniform clothing and labels:
Books, reading and services
School Nursing Team
The School Nursing team have a form that they need all parents to complete.
Aspens – our catering supplier
You will receive a letter with all the details you need to enable you to login to the Aspens Select System to order school lunches for your child.
Please see our website page Parents/Lunchtime for further help when ordering lunches.
Term Time Dates – Hampshire County Council
What will I learn at school, a guide for parents/ carers:
Letters, info and other useful information:
- Gomer Uniform letter – details of school uniform requirements and how to purchase.
- Ready Steady School – leaflet on how to get your child ready for school
- Easyfundraising – how to fund raise for the school whilst online shopping
- Cool Milk Scheme – information & how to register on free school milk available to children under 5
- Our School app – personalised app for our school that allows us to keep you updated with school information and events
If you are entitled to Pupil Premium, it is important to register. Pupil Premium provides additional funding which will benefit your child and school, for example subsided trips/ clubs and free uniform at the start of the academic year. It takes only 5 minutes to check if your eligibility and you will get an instant reply.