Our safeguarding policies and procedures ensure that every child, regardless of their age, diability, race, religion or belief, has a right to equal protection from harm. Safeguarding is the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
What is safeguarding?
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people
- ‘The welfare of the child is paramount’ (The Children Act, 1989)
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance applies to all children up to the age of 18.
What parents can do if they have a concern
If you have any concerns about a child’s welfare, please talk directly to one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads.
If you have a safeguarding concern or allegation related to the leadership of the school, you can contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) – 01962 876364.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL)
We use CPOMS as an online tool to record any safeguarding concerns we might have.
Within our weekly school newsletter we share a ‘Safeguarding Spotlight’, each week this links to an important safeguarding element in Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE), the statutory guidance for schools and collegegs provided by the government on safeguarding children and safer recruitment. Our newsletter is shared with our parents and carers, our staff and our governors.
We also ensure elements of the KCSIE are shared in weekly meetings and give staff the opportunity to discuss various scenarios to remind ourselves of what actions we need to take in each situation.
All Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are available on our Policies page.
Our Safeguarding Learning
Across every year group we teach the children how to keep themselves safe, for example:
- We follow the Jigsaw PSHE programme
- We regularly invite visitors into school such as the Police, the Fire Service, School Nursing Team
- We have focus days – Anti-Bullying Day, Wear Red for Racisim, Internet Safety Day
- We follow the NSPCC Safeguarding programmes – Speak Out, Stay Safe, and talk PANTS
- Safeguarding posters are displayed throughout our school